Sleeping Tips Or Advice?

My son is 14 months old. And he is Sleeping in his crib and has been since he was about 4 months old. but for him to be able to go to sleep i have to hold him while he drinnks his bottle and then when he is done he tosses it aside and then i have to pat him to sleep (which doesnt take longer than a few mintues) But i just want to be able to lay him down and let him go to sleep himself. i have tried to simply lay him down and all he does is cry, i have tried to just let him cry himself to sleeep but he wont give up. So i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how i can get him to soothe himself to sleep besides giving him a bottle at bedtime and naptime. And he doesnt use a pacifier anymore either. I hope you can help. :)

~Leanne Aka Ethan's Mommy :)

EthansMommy1120

Asked by EthansMommy1120 at 4:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 18 months. He can soothe himself to sleep beside me in my bed or on the couch while holding my hand or while I carry him through the house. They need the assurance that you are there when they fall asleep. I love it.....for now. lol. Because I know that in a few years they wont want us in their rooms. Just enjoy them depending on us for security and comfort.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 5:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Your son has developed a like for his sleep routine... and changing it is what is upsetting, so take it one step and a time and be sure to replace things with another routine. Example, try moving his bottle up by a half hour, and read a book to him in bed, rather than holding and patting his back. This way you are still by his side, and he is getting the attention he craves before bedtime, and you'r not breaking up the sleep routine by completely changing it. Or try a nice warm bath before bed and then a book.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2010