My sons dad is changing for the better, I think.

I use to come on here and complain that my sons dad wouldnt help out, come around, or keep him. Now he is doing all three. I'm trying to figure it out. It started after Thanksgiving. But he did ask if he could claim him on our taxes. I said no. Do you all think this niceness will last after tax time? Should I give him the benefit of the doubt?

Queentdi

Asked by Queentdi at 5:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• He deserves the benefit of the doubt because its good for your son. People mature and maybe he's growing up. It still doesn't mean he should claim your ds on his taxes.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:19 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Time will tell all.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It sounds to me that it may just be all about the money. But time will tell and your just gonna have to wait and see. Most Dads are all nice around tax season if they could just be like this all year around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'd give him the benefit of doubt- for now and hope that he changed cause he wanted to be a good dad.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• OMG, something must have happened in the universe about that time to make people nicer. SO has been nice since then. It's not that he was mean, he just wasn't complimentary and helpful before then and all of a sudden he changed. It's amazing but I keep wondering what happened! I just hope it lasts and isn't some Invasion of the Pod People thing!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I sincerely hope for your and your son's benefit that he is truly making a change but I have heard some guys say that they are being extra nice to their baby mamas in hopes to either claim the kids on the taxes or to get some of the tax money. But do not give it to him and see if he shows his true stripes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Whew. Thanks ladies.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 10:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2010