How can i boost my baby's apetitie?

My baby is 8 months old and weigh merely 16 lbs (the lowest verge for her age i suppose). she stopped breastfeeding when i go back to work while she turns five months and since then she doesnt gain much weight. She takes Similac baby formula but it is very challenging even to make her finish 3 oz of her milk. I also try out different foods particularly of Gerber's and home made but she doesnt like any food at all. In deed i think she hates the idea of food... oopppppps help help.

Enkutatash

Asked by Enkutatash at 6:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as she is gaining weight on HER curve, however slowly, she is fine. My son is 14 months and weighs 20 lbs, my older son weighed 16 lbs at 1 year. Some babies just genetically are not going to be very big, and although my son's were on the larger size at birth (both around 8 lbs), their growth slowed down within the first few months to settle around the 3-5% and hasn't moved very much. My older son is now 10 and still right around the 3%, he's tall and skinny just like his uncle.
    You could try a different formula to see if she likes the taste better, and keep experimenting with different foods - homemade generally tastes better than jarred and you can give her what you are eating. My kids were all on table foods by 8 months, just chop up whatever you are eating.

Answer by missanc at 7:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• avocado
    baked sweet potato

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It's perfectly normal for a girl to weigh 16 pounds at 8 months. She may be a little heavy. My 3 sons weighed 17-18 pounds at 12 mo. You don't want an overweight baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010