ok so i know material things arent supposed to be that important but can i kill hubby anyway??

he dropped my new phone and broke it before i had it 6 months even. year to date total he has destroyed 2 cell phones, 1 laptop, and MY car.....all of MY things...that he didnt buy! i could kill him. i dont get another cell upgrade for 9 months! what would u do if ur hubby breaks all your shit?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Start breaking his. And if he is anything like my husband his famous line is I didn't do it on purpose. So you could use it as well.
    bulgerbritt

Answer by bulgerbritt at 9:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Does he break your stuff out of anger? If so he has an anger problem he needs resolved, like counseling or anger management. That is totally unacceptable for him to break your shit because he's mad. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if the tables were turned. Make him buy you a new one first and see that he gets help, if not leave him before he starts abusing you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i would ? whether hes doing it on purpose, and i would say he can replace them, maybe a few of his things could magically get broken if he carries on
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 8:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i would make him pay for it. If he could not, or would not pay for it....then that is a red flag to get rid of him. Utter disrespect if he won't pay for them, and total LOSER if he cannot afford to pay for hem.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• is he clumsy with his stuff to? sorry but hubby knows if he touches my laptop ( its the nicest thing in my house! lol) he wil DIE! lol
    why cant he replace your phone and fix the car? thats crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I would get insurance. We have insurance on our phones and our cars, so when accidents happen we are covered
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• This makes me glad I'm single!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• well he put the down payment on another car for me bc he totaled mine. and no its not on purpose always an accident but still its my stuff! he loses his stuff too at times. but mine always gets destroyed.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If he is breaking your things on purpose especially if he is mad/upset-- that is a big red flag that he needs serious help with anger management therapy. I would insist that he pay for and replace EVERYTHING that he has destroyed! As for the phone, I would take out a new phone contract and make him pay for all of it! If he refuses to pay for or replace your things then I would hire a divorce lawyer and go after him for damages in court.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• when dearesthusbandofyours isn't around, take something of his and let him look for it not knowing where it is. Don't return it don't hint where it is don't tell him where it is. Plus make sure that most accounts or all are in your name as primary on everything you can, phones, tv. Even on joint accounts there still has to be a primary person who owns the account.

I'd add to it counseling cause he has a control issue and man do I know what that's about. He needs to hear from people who care for you that his actions are unacceptable emotionally. You could be the next thing he breaks. Document his actions.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:57 AM on Jan. 28, 2010