how long do molars take?

My 15 month old had been in pain since the first week in Dec. he used to be a great sleeper, now he wakes up all night... and some nights every hour. I do give him meds. before bed, but now by 2 am he begains his bewiching hours... How long will this last still no teeth?

Blu-Dash

Asked by Blu-Dash at 9:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have 15 month old also. It's taking forever! He's had the bumps in the top to show that their are coming sometime. He finally got the bottom right in and then 2-3 weeks later got the top right. He was crabby on and off. Sometimes he would sleep and sometimes not. When he would wake up I would shove some baby oragel (sp?) in there and give him a pacifier which would let him go back to sleep. I know, I know...pacifiers at 15 month might be bad, but so is your sleep deprivation. Just know that it will be over soon and you will be shock at how big those teeth actually are in that little mouth. I am still waiting on the left side to come in :(
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Molars are the worst!!!! Nobody tells you how bad they are! Plus, they often lead to new sleeping issues b/c you feel bad for them and go in there in the middle of the night to comfort them and they figure out how to get you to come and see them in the middle of the night. Urgh. It took a little over a week of pain for EACH of my daughter's 4 molars. It was a couple of months before they were all in. Oh what an ordeal. Make sure you're giving Motrin ...not tylenol. Motrin is an anti inflammatory and soothes gums better. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My son has been getting his molars for at least 2 months. The bottom right has come in. I'm actually lucky as it doesn't seem to be bothering him..not yet anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2010