Best way?

To help my 9 month old cutting her teeth?

I am giving her teething tablets,biscuits, oragel, nothing seems to work....

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a cold wash cloth. Get it wet and stick it in the freezer for 10-15mins.Then let her chew on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I used to cutup apple into chunks and freeze it. Then I'd put them in one of those mesh feeders and let her chew on it. She loved the taste. (Just let it defrost slightly before giving it...ice and frozen solid fruit can actually cause more damage to sore gums). Motrin always helped too...its an anti inflammatory and I swear it reduced the gum swelling and let the tooth cut more quickly when I gave it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If the teething tablets aren't helping, are you sure it's teething? Many parents mistake illnesses for teething. Loose stools can occur with teething due to them swallowing so much drool, but diarrhea isn't caused by teething. A low grade fever (99.0 to 100.0) is common with teething, but a temp of 100.1 or higher indicates an illness. If her mouth is bothering her constantly with no relief she could even have thrush.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Pedalyte Popsicles work well, they ease the pain and also help with the diarrhea that is sometimes assocated with teething. We also occasionally gave my daughter frozen whipped cream (like coolwhip).
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• frozen bagels

Answer by missanc at 12:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010