Lead paint in house need advice...

So we are moving into a home that has lead paint. There are children living there now they seem fine. I have a three year old and a newborn. Should i be worried? the man selling us the house said not to worry unless your kids are going toeat the walls or if we are taking down walls. Im not sure if there are any ways to cover it up. Cant we just put fresh paint on everything? Is there a special paint that will seal it in. Do we have to tear down all the walls and sheetrock? What do we do. I Want my childern to be safe. please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Really, I think you are making too much outta this. It's not like they are going to eat the walls or anything. Just cover the walls with another coat of paint if you want. People these days worry about the silliest things. There are worse hazards to worry about out there- make sure your outlets are covered and cords are outta the kids' way. They will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2010