What have you cut out?

In this economy what have you cut out or stopped doing completely? For me it is hair salons, pedicures, any shopping other than for groceries/baby items and eating out.

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nothing.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:18 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• eating out - it was the only luxury I still had, and now I can't do that *sigh
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We had to cut a lot of things out. Eating out, cable, cell phone, going to movies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We cut out everything a long time ago.
    We had trash removal and we now burn(we live on a farm). We have free intena TV,We have a pay as you go cell phone and no local long distance(we use the cell for long distance calls). Thats about it but we are really uncool by todays standards but we get no PA and my kids go to a private school. My dh makes peanuts but our home is paid for~thanks to a very loving grandfather who saw my family's need. This economy sucks and I don't get my hair cut,nails done or have fun hobbies or nights out,vacations. I love my family and we have food on the table,a warm roof over our heads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• our only 'luxury' was a movie and dinner out once a month - so we've cut that out.

and I've curbed my love affair with the fabric store.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• we never ate out much anyway-but it came to a stop pretty much. We had to stop belly dancing classes that only cost 45 a month...hubby had to stop playing hockey wioth the guys from work... had to cut out my daughter's therapist entirely (NOT GOOD) we first dropped to once a month instead of twice but even 30 bucks once a month was too much :(
    ...we never go to movies or anything so that's no different really. I didn't register my car until it was 6 months past due and quit driving it unless I had no choice...quit paying credit cards that we ran up trying to live on- because I have not been able to find work. Not even fast food places would call me
    Now we are letting the house go and declaring bankruptcy on Monday...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:59 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We used to eat out all the time---now never but that is okay, cooking is cheaper!! And healthier
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We haven't really noticed a change in the economy, for us it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

Answer by missanc at 10:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We cut going out to the cell phone and anything that was a luxury.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• nothing. we both work, still have as much money as before. no bills have gone up. i feel that it is my job to keep our spending normal because i dont want to see those big drops in spending like a few months ago... those of us with money still need to keep the economy fueled.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2010