What is the most embarassing thing that happened to you while you were in labor?

Just wondering what embarrassing things have happened to you during your labor and delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It happens to MOST women, but the docs and staff cover and clean it up right away. Since you push from not just your vagina, but your rectum, I took a big ol poo...DANG IT! So nasty...but NORMAL...still gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well it isn't really too embarrassing but with my 2nd daughter I was fully dilated and I pushed one time and got her head to crown... In the meantime I was waiting to get another contraction so I could push her out the rest of the way.. and umm.. well needless to say my contractions weren't constant and we waited for about a minute and a half before I could FINALLY push her out!! I was just saying sorry to the doctor because we were all ready to get her out and here my doctor was just sitting there looking at my downstairs without any baby coming out.. I found that to be a bit weird!! It hurt really bad too having to hold her in me until that next contraction.. But that's probably the only "embarrassing" thing that happened with both labors!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• in labour.....

well since its not exactly the most presentable event...I wouldn't say anything was embarassing. its natural and what happens happens.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• the most embarassing thing was my sleeping spouse

Answer by rkoloms at 11:07 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• im not worried about pooping cause i know its normal, but the first time i had a baby my legs were so hairy. i was put on bedrest so i just didnt shave as much so when i went in i hadnt shaved for like two or three weeks and my hairy lags were all up in the air for everyone to see.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I passed gas!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i don't really think anything was embarrassing...
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• im a huge fan of keeping things groomed downstairs and i got so big that i could no longer see it! mirror or not, it was plain difficult and my right leg went numb if i was standing for more than 10 min. so i begged DH to shave for me since i knew things were going to be kicking up soon in the pregnancy. well i had to be induced so i had no time to plan..went straight from the office from a checkup! needless to say when they broke out the surgical clippers i felt like a dog being groomed lol. i profusely apologized and told them it was DHs fault....he shoulda done it sooner!! other than that nothing...they pretty much expect the grisliest things to happen in there. i pooed a smidge on the practice push but the nurse never told me...but i saw her wipe my rear quickly so DH didnt see it. no biggie...besides..its not like i see these people often anyway lol
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 12:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The on-call Dr. barely made it to the hospital, I was kind of annoyed my midwife wouldn't make it in time. He was counting & said 8 twice, I snapped "you already said 8!!" I'm sure I sounded bitchy. Not too much happened, only at the hospital an hour-with 10 minutes of pushing. I had gone to the bathroom & thrown up multiple times at home.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Hypermamaz....then why would you take the time to post about a question about LABOR?

Stefanie83...then why did you post?
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 12:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2010