Extreme pain

I'm 22 weeks with baby number 2... I didnt have anything like this with my first one.

Some days I will get the most extreme pain in my stomach... the only way i can even describe it is it feels like contractions.... lasting about 30 seconds and about a minute apart... this could go on for a hours one day and the next day I could be totally fine... Braxton Hicks I have heard are painless so i think that is out of the question.... any suggestions??? or has this happened to anyone else??

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 10:50 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• actually BH can be painful. mine where sometimes. and other times i couldnt even feel them. so its possible that they are BH, how far along are you? it could also be your tummy stretching which can get pretty painful at times. if you get too worried about them i would call your doctor. just make sure that your baby is still moving that way you know that nothing is wrong with her/him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• yeah i have had some pretty painful BH. i have thought that i was in labor but then they would just go away. but like the post before me if you are worried about anything the best thing to do would be to call you doctor and ask.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:10 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I would call your doctor and explain what is going on, there could be something else causing the pain! Cannot hurt to make a call! Better safe than sorry!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• stay hydrated i noticed if i dont drink enough you start to get braxton hicks no sodas nothing water! good luck im scheduled for my c section on feb 12th just 2 weeks til i see my little guy!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• call your dr.
    when you feel this, rest and drink water.
    do you notice this at any particular times? after something stressful, after physical exertion, first thing in the am?
    dehydration can bring on contractions. stress can bring on contractions.
    b/c my contractions never hurt, i ignored them...i had a 32 wo...it is tough having a preemie. do all you can to listen to your body.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2010