Is is better to make jucie from frozen concentrate since juice bottles can leech chemicals into the juice?

I heard that juice bottles have chemicals that seep into the juice, and my kids loves apple juice, so would it be safer to use frozen?

GageWsMom

Asked by GageWsMom at 10:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Frozen tastes like cardboard. My kids won't drink it. We drink regular bottled juice and I have no worries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Not sure, we don't do much juice, it has so much sugar in it we don't get it very often.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• apple juice comes in glass bottles too.Cans too.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If you believed everything you read you would never eat, drink, or even walk!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We actually stopped drinking juice all together. Empty calories. It's not much better than drinking soda.
    Anonymous

• I only use frozen juice concentrate for smoothies. I add a few tablespoons of it to the fruit/milk/honey for a little extra sweetness. I started doing that when I was getting WIC in Virginia since the only type of juice allowed was frozen orange/apple/pineapple/grapefruit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• we only have juice as a treat. it has a lot of sugar, and no fiber.
    i would try buying it in a glass jar though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• BPA is what you are worrying about b/c recent studies have shown that it does leach into the foods. If you buy juice in glass bottles rather than plastic or cans, you'll be fine. But why not take it a step further and just juice the fruits yourself? It's not hard and it is much healthier for you.
    Anonymous