What is going on??

I don't know whats going on.. My son turned 2 in Nov. He's always fought sleep but has been sleeping through the night since 18 months and has since moved in a big boy bed ( twin ) he was doing great, beyond great the first 2 weeks. Then he got a bug where he threw up for 12 hours straight and hasn't slept through the night since.. this was 2 months ago. Now he wakes up crying for me and at first I was able to go in there and tell him it was bedtime still and rub his head til he went back to bed and then go to my bed. Some nights I can't tell if he's having bad dreams or maybe growing pains, ( which I used to have and my mom had ) but i worry that he is waking so much and last night I ended up in his bed and he will shift so violently while tossing and turning. We had never co slept but he was so upset last night and I was so tired I fell asleep in there... what's going on??

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• It can take awhile for kids to get back to their schedule after being sik. We, personally, do not mind co-sleeping, but after awhile it's good to get back into the groove of things. Lay with him in his room when he wakes up and tell him everything is okay until he falls asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 28, 2010