How do i cope with lack of sleep. my two month old baby boy is still on 2 hours feeding schedule and i'm exhausted. my body is physically exhausted...any advice on what we can do to cope with the lack of sleep? a mom in need of advice here...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry but this is part of having a baby and don't be surprised if it continues for months a head. Just try to sleep when the baby sleeps, and can your SO relieve sometimes at night?
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:13 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Do you have anyone that can help you ? I had to pump and let others feed my son so I could catch a couple more hours during the day and I literally slept everytime he did... up til a year since he was colicky and hated to sleep.... I still like to nap when he does and he's 2... you wil need help around the house and with meals.. do you have anyone?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Nap when he naps during the day.
    Learn to nurse him lying down in your bed at night (co sleeping). This was a life saver. I got more sleep and eventually the baby learned to relatch on her own and I go right back to sleep!
    It's rough in the beginning but as you adapt it gets better. When I start to feel like a zombie (and I do work part time) I take the hint to let the housework be and take a nap with the baby especially during a growth spurt!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:15 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Oh my, I am sorry. I remember those days well. I was so painful that I felt like crying. If you can have some help at night so you can sleep or during the day even, or some help with your house or cooking, it would make a difference. But if not, then don't do anything. Get a shower and lie down. Eat sandwiches or open a can of soup for meals. When you lay the baby down for naps, lie down yourself, even if you can't sleep, just lying down will get you some rest. If you do any cleaning, make it quick and light.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Do you have a SO? Pump your milk so someone else can feed the baby for a night or 2. Also try your best to lay down when baby naps. Don't worry about the laundry, vacuuming or dishes. Pay a neighbor kid or friend to do what HAS to be done. This is part of having a baby. It's tough but it will get better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Have you noticed if ur baby sleeps more during the day? If he is try to keep him awake a few hours before u go to sleep play with him, talk to him, massage his back, when u get close to going to sleep give him a warm shower feed him and put him to sleep. My now 14yr old had that issu when she was born. She would be asleep during the day and constantly wake up at night. I was living w/mom at the time and she did this for her a few days she eventually fell into the schedule it helped tons. Like the rest of the mommies say it's also part of the price to pay for being a mommy LOL.
    singlemomw3

Answer by singlemomw3 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Sleep when your baby sleeps; cosleeping will really help.

Remember, no one was ever killed by a dustbunny.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:51 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• like rkolms said sleep when baby sleeps and cosleep/ lack of sleep is part of being a mom. my dd is 3 yrs old and now she is hitting the stage of monsters and wakes up alot during the nite
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Cosleep and sleep when baby sleeps. Stop watching the clock, if you don't know you're waking every 2 hours, it won't be as hard. My first woke every 2 hours for 14 months straight. Co-sleeping saved my sanity... this time, I don't even know how often my baby wakes and I sleep great.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Do you have friends or family that could help out with the baby? What about hiring a babysitter for a few hours while you rest? It is also a good idea to rest when the baby sleeps. Does the baby's father help you out any with the baby? If you bf you could pump and then let him take over a feeding while you rest.
    One thing that helped me was when my hubs got home he was 'the parent' and he would take over with the child/ren for a while so I could get a nap in. At night we would take turns getting up and feeding the baby- sometimes we would 'tag team' the baby- 1 of us diaper while the other fixes the bottle, and then 1 of us would feed him while the other went back to bed, and then at next feeding we would switch. That way we both had time with the baby, and both had time to sleep.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010