What did you think of Obama's state of the Union address?

Mommee42boyz

Asked by Mommee42boyz at 11:25 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thanks for your responses. I hope and pray for the day when we finally have a Theocracy!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 11:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• He's a great campaigner, but has yet to back up anything he has "promised" with substance. Again, instead of staying in Washington and getting to work on those promises, he's off to Florida for more campaigning.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I give it an overall positive. He acknowledged his shortcomings in terms of focusing on  HC when he should have placed more attention on jobs and the economy. He outlined his plans for what needs to be done and how he'd like to see those goals accomplished  (NOW HE MUST ACT). He voiced an understanding that the general populace is not happy with his focus and many of the choices made in this 1st year.  Of course, I agree with the notion that we have to look and think globally to balance our economic problems, and that it will require adjustments by all segments ( education, business, finance) for this to happen (which will cost $$$).  I also heard him say that tax incentives should be offered to small business owners in order to produce jobs.

NOW THIS ADMIN MUST ACT-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:39 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I can see a lot of people thinking it was great. After all some of it sounded good. Of course if you really paid attention he didn't say anything new.He still blamed Bush and he blamed congress, Americans and even the supreme court. He wants to keep spending money. On one hand he says lets freeze some spendingin 2011 Till then lets spend more. This spending freeze is a start but it is really not going to make a difference if he keeps spending like a drunken sailor in other areas. He still wants the healthcare bill to go through. He mentioned he wants cap and trade. If you really listened you should see that we are in for more of the same. I don't care what the libs thought. He may have suckered a few Americans but by summer they will have once again realized Obama is only trying to further his socialist style agenda.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Socialism refers to the various theories of economic organization advocating public or direct worker ownership and administration of the means of production and allocation of resources, and a society characterized by equal access to resources for all individuals with a method of compensation based on the amount of labor expended.

Socialism is for an equal society...appearantly you are for those people that are already controlling the small amount of money that we do have in county and leaving the little people left to hold their hands out instead of trying to create jobs and give incentive for people to go to school and better themselves. HMMMM
    Anonymous

• Anon :16- I totally agree. Funny thing is, from reading many of the comments, I do not think most ppl visiting this forum are swimming with the big fish. Maybe they think by supporting the R and F they'll suddenly become 1?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• hmm so move out of the country anon if you so badly wish for the imagined utopia leave America ..i'll help pack id help every single one who wants a socialist state to pack up and leave
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It was a great speech and I am all for his proposals. I believe it is the republicans and lobbyists who are in bed with all the big business that are holding us back from the change this country so desperately needs after being taken down by the previous administration.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I have a good friend in Germany they are socialist maybe shed open her door for a few of you for a few nights..although shes pretty busy busting her arse in her basment doing hair extentions (she also has Lupus) to help her officer husband pay their taxes.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• A lot of fluff! Empty promises and no accountability.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010