Naps

Does your two year old not want to take naps anymore?

MamaCass05

Asked by MamaCass05 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my four year old still does
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yip. She fights it, but I can tell by her behavior that she still NEEDS one. She just doesn't want it. I'm trying to get her back onto a good schedule, but weekends are hectic and we're off visiting people or going to the store. So it's hard to keep up with. Day care reports she still takes a nap each day, but she does lay there for half an hour or an hour before she'll fall asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We go through periods when I have trouble getting him down for a nap. He'll be 3 in April and I suspect naps may soon be history... Sigh...
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• my son has and would go without if I let him or if we are at familys as he will only sleep in his bed... ugh.. that has been the case 2 times.. he clearly needs one but will never show signs of getting tired. he just turned 2 in Nov and I HOPE we make it through this next year with him taking one. When I do put him down for one, he does fall asleep for 2-3 hours but he will try everything in his book to not HAVE to take one..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• So far abby is doing good on the nap thing! I have a set timefor her each day, and I let her know ahead of time that she has to take anap so she can feel better.And she may run from me,but she wont fight her naps. But she used too fight it. If she dont get a nap or her nap out she is very ornery and wants to get into stuff she shouldnt do.
    mommyof2girlz07

Answer by mommyof2girlz07 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010