Are you paying attention?

Do you think that God just might be convicting each of us differently? Just to see if we are paying attention?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 11:30 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry I don't understand the question
    kalada

Answer by kalada at 11:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure I follow about the "paying attention", but yes, I think we are all convicted differently.

For example, some Christians feel convicted over - say, Harry Potter. That's fine if they don't want to read or watch it, if that's what they feel God wants from them. But they needn't assume that the same applies to everyone else. I've felt no such conviction over Harry Potter, but have over things that they may not have.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:43 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Sorry but I'm in full control of my mental faculties.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• That was unnecessary, Beeky. If this question did not apply to you, that is fine. But there was no need to imply that anyone who believes in/has felt a conviction from God has mental issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm not implying that they have mental issues.  I'm saying that my mental faculties are not influenced in any way, meaning I don't see signs. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Sure, Beeky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No. "Convicting" is for humans with ego's. Not energy, energy is neutral.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 12:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Do you care to explain that, Allow? Sounds like jibberish.
    Anonymous

• Yes but He doesn't do it to see if we are paying attention but to work on our hearts to be more like Him. He wants whole hearts after Him and hearts that want to love and worship Him in Spirit and In Truth. However He does say that all things are permissible but not all things are profitable. You can do anything but that does not always mean it is right for you. I am not talking about religion but the things that convict such as your example of HP. Not everything is necessary to see and allow through the eye gate. What we allow through our eyes and ears enters the heart and spirit. I hope that is clear
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Dont you know that all of religious folk have a mental disorder?
    Anonymous