Is club soda unhealthy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It is certainly healthier than soda. It does have a lot of sodium; you are better off with seltzer water.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Carbonated drinks generally have phosphoric acid, which gives it a sharp, crisp flavor. Phosophoric acid is usually a low ph (or very acidic) acid that has been known to wear away at your tooth enamel, and some studies indicate it leaches calcium from your bones.

I love sparkling sodas and club soda-- so I wait about an hour to brush my teeth (you should actually do that for any acidic food--otherwise you risk brushing away bits of enamel) and make sure I take my calcium every day.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• High in sodium.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2010