What do you with a 16 boy who goes to school and gets drunk and nothings but F's??

I have tried EVERYTHING!!! and he still continues to fail himself and defy his father and myself... My son is a smart child not a genius but he doesn't apply himself in school, he is there EVERYDAY yet dose not do his work lies to me and his father about it.. I am in contact with his teachers who do not know what to do with him do to his lack of work ethic in class. Yesterday I pick him up from school and i can see in his eyes that he was "not right" so i asked him if he was drinking or high?? he said " i don't smoke pot.... I am so scared , MAD, Sad, Confused.. Lost I don't know what to do... Help any Advice will Help at this point... I have taken his phone (LAst Year and he has not got it back) No computer, Made him work around the house as punishment, Take him to before Tutoring class BEFORE school at 6:30 in the morning... What am i missing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Boot camp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Or juvy... Call the police, he'll get in trouble and hopefully wisen up. And by the way, where is he getting alcohol? Figure that out and get whoever is buying it for him arrested.
    Anonymous

• He is drinking AT school!? Talk to the freaking school about it! Or take him to a different school. Or is it his friends? You need to get him somewhere that he isn't around this crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Have you considered having him see a therapist or a counselor?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:40 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well it's all with who he hangs around with. Start grounding him, don't allow him to hang with his "buddies" on the weekends so he can't drink!! I used to party on the weekends when I was younger and in school.. But I didn't lie to my parents I was completely open and up front with them about where I was going and with who.. and I HAD to stay there.. Underage drinking will NEVER stop, and when your in high school it is really hard not to wind up doing it!! But it really does have a lot to do with who his friends are! You need to get through to him some how.. it's just how you go about the WHOLE situation..?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• You poor thing! I can’t imagine the toll that this is taking on your family
    You need to talk to your son, and really listen to his responses. Why isn’t school important to him? Why is he risking permanent damage to his brain with alcohol? What are his plans after high school? Where does he see himself in five years? Ten years? How does an education fit into these plans.
    I would tell him that if he remains on his current path, you expect him out of the house the day after his eighteenth birthday. In preparation for that, he should quit school, get his GED, get a job and take a couple of classes at a community college.
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:45 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• military school, they wont take his crap and will ride his ass til he gets it together. all the way to 18!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I agree, military school or boot camp... somthing like that. Boy will he be missing you and the easy time he had at home and be wishing he respected you, his teachers and his education a hellova lot more~ Just get him away from his current situation, set of friends or whatever is causing the problem and to a place that will MAKE him do what he needs to do. Good luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Military school. When all else fails military school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I second boot camp or calling the police. He needs a wake up call
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010