will 3 carseats fit in a ford explorer?

right now 2 are ff and one is rear facing but they will all be ff eventually

Asked by tdoubleday04 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Travel

• I'm sore you can! I fit 3 in the back of a 2 door tercel! lomao! you do what you have to do.

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yep!! I have an 02 Explorer and I have three kids in car seats in it. I have two convertibles (one is RF) and one high back booster converitble.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I had a 98 Explorer when we had 2, but when we found out we were expecting #3 we could not, for anything, fit a 3rd carseat in there - 2 ff & 1 rf. Basic seats too, not the big bulky fancy ones.

• If you try it and can't, Sunshine kids Radian makes some that will fit 3 in a row and will work for birth to 80lbs

Answer by acollins09 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We have a 1992 Ford Explorer. It would be a tight fit, but I'm sure that it can be done. Right now we have a FF carseat and RF carseat, but in October we will have two FF carseats. I can see three fitting in there snuggly, as the middle seat proves to have some width to it. We use ... Graco Nautilus 3-In-1 Car Seat - Matrix .. We love it because it goes from a convertible, to a toddler, to a booster. (By convertible I mean the style for toddlers who are new to a big carseat) I think we could fit three in a row in our Ford Explorer.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• you may, depending on the width of your carseats, have to tip them to the side a bit to buckle up!

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Hi, I was very easily able to fit 3 carseats in my ford explorer... and I use bulky carseats. I had a Graco Nautilus-which by the way is NOT a convertible, it is forward facing ONLY- and a Evenflo Triumph Advance rear facing, and a True Fit rear facing. Worked out great. Put the least protected seat in the middle (ie forward facing, or booster) and the safer seats outboard.

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• BTW it is SOOOO much safer to rear face until ATLEAST 2 years and 35 lbs!!! No reason to turn them around until they've reached the maximum on their seat- most of which are 35 lbs! Check out to see why....

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• We have an 03 ford explorer and have fit many different combinations of 3across car seats in it. 3 rearfacing (alpha omega, cosco scenera, evenflo titan for example). 3 forward facing: graco nautilus, evenflo titan, graco nautilus. And combinations of any of the listed above FF,RF,FF / RF,FF, RF / FF,FF,RF / RF, RF. FF

Answer by cherrypie9377 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2010