will 3 carseats fit in a ford explorer?

right now 2 are ff and one is rear facing but they will all be ff eventually

tdoubleday04

Asked by tdoubleday04 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Travel

• I'm sore you can! I fit 3 in the back of a 2 door tercel! lomao! you do what you have to do.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:44 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yep!! I have an 02 Explorer and I have three kids in car seats in it. I have two convertibles (one is RF) and one high back booster converitble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I had a 98 Explorer when we had 2, but when we found out we were expecting #3 we could not, for anything, fit a 3rd carseat in there - 2 ff & 1 rf. Basic seats too, not the big bulky fancy ones.
    Anonymous

• If you try it and can't, Sunshine kids Radian makes some that will fit 3 in a row and will work for birth to 80lbs
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We have a 1992 Ford Explorer. It would be a tight fit, but I'm sure that it can be done. Right now we have a FF carseat and RF carseat, but in October we will have two FF carseats. I can see three fitting in there snuggly, as the middle seat proves to have some width to it. We use ... Graco Nautilus 3-In-1 Car Seat - Matrix .. We love it because it goes from a convertible, to a toddler, to a booster. (By convertible I mean the style for toddlers who are new to a big carseat) I think we could fit three in a row in our Ford Explorer.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• you may, depending on the width of your carseats, have to tip them to the side a bit to buckle up!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Hi, I was very easily able to fit 3 carseats in my ford explorer... and I use bulky carseats. I had a Graco Nautilus-which by the way is NOT a convertible, it is forward facing ONLY- and a Evenflo Triumph Advance rear facing, and a True Fit rear facing. Worked out great. Put the least protected seat in the middle (ie forward facing, or booster) and the safer seats outboard.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• BTW it is SOOOO much safer to rear face until ATLEAST 2 years and 35 lbs!!! No reason to turn them around until they've reached the maximum on their seat- most of which are 35 lbs! Check out joelsjourney.org to see why....
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• We have an 03 ford explorer and have fit many different combinations of 3across car seats in it. 3 rearfacing (alpha omega, cosco scenera, evenflo titan for example). 3 forward facing: graco nautilus, evenflo titan, graco nautilus. And combinations of any of the listed above FF,RF,FF / RF,FF, RF / FF,FF,RF / RF, RF. FF
    cherrypie9377

Answer by cherrypie9377 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2010