why is making a playdate for my daughter so hard?

I gew up in a time when I would just go to my friends house or hers to mine. Parents were not involved. Now it is like setting up a sales agreement for a house. I follow the rules and talk with the parents and still no play dates. Is it me, I feel like the parents do not want there children to come to my house. My daughter needs friends to come over. I even have a friend who lives up the hill from us and she barely talks to me anymore, and playdates are few and far between. My daughter has been friends with her kids for a while. My daughter is 7 years old. I feel really confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you tried actually asking the other parents what the problem is?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Find friend that have the same child that is your child age or you can make friend with the daycare partners and make play day like that you let them know it a way for the kids to have fun the it a way for one of the parents to get away for there self and have time to do what they want to do
    LaSheik

Answer by LaSheik at 2:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I was able to find a few moms on CM in a group for the town I lived in who needed playdates. It was a good time, fun stuff. Try that -- just find a group for your city/town. Have you tried going to story times at the library or anything like that? Is your daughter involved in any activities like ballet or gymnastics? Those are good places to look, also.
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 8:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2010