how can u know the sex of your unborn baby without going for scan?

blair16

Asked by blair16 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are blood tests,but why don't you want an ultrasound?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 28, 2010

• There arent any blood tests that tell you that. The only other thing is an amnio where they stick a needle in your stomach into your uterus & suck out some fluid & do a test on it. Its a very invasive procedure that is usually only done for medical purposes not just to see what sex the baby is. An ultrasound is a non-invasive, safe procedure that may or may not be able to tell you what sex the baby is....all depends on the position of the baby & how good the person doing the scan is.
    Anonymous

• Other then a very invasive amnio and ultrasound there isn't any other way to tell until the baby is born .
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• thanks 2 u all, but read in an old mother care book dat some pple believe that the side at which u often feel the baby determines the sex e.g if its the right side its a boy n left is a girl. while some believe that if u urinate often its a boy n if u dont its a girl. so, what do u see to dz?
    blair16

Answer by blair16 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• blar16_ I think those are not true because I didn't urinate so much with my first child, but with this one I go all the time. They both are girls! both of my pregnancies were different. I'm sure possitive that this is a girl! My pregnancy is considered high risk so I have n ultrasound done every two weeks so they can measure my cervix, baby growth, and monitor her heart because her father had open heart surgery due to a birth defect. I've seen her little privates enough times to know that she's a girl! lol
    Alizzie_Mom

Answer by Alizzie_Mom at 2:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• hanks 2 u all, but read in an old mother care book dat some pple believe that the side at which u often feel the baby determines the sex e.g if its the right side its a boy n left is a girl. while some believe that if u urinate often its a boy n if u dont its a girl. so, what do u see to dz?

Those are wives tales. I peed it seemed like nostop with both my girls. The only true way is a ultrasound or amnio test.
    Anonymous

• I peed all the time every time with all my kids & i have boys & girls. that is not a way to tell! having to pee is a symptom in general of just being pregnant!
    Anonymous