Looked in the mirror today,I HAVE to start loosing weight...HELP!!

Seriously,I am on my way to being obese. I am scared. Under a LOT of stress and feeling like a shut in this winter. I love walking and was an avid saddleseat ridder but gt sick and quit since then my weight has doubled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Health

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I started Jillians 30 day shred last night. Only $9 at walmart. It kicked my butt!! A little sore today but its nice to be able to do something indoors. Good luck!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I just found this website sparkpeople.com you can track all of your food intake and exercise! It's actually pretty neat. It breaks down everything you eat, tells you how many calories and fat ect are in everything and gives you daily calorie and nutrition goals. Makes you really aware of you what you are eating!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Stop eatting too much.
    Anonymous

• I have an accountability buddy. We encourage each other to eat healthy and work out. That really keeps me motivated you should try it.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, the "Cut out all junk food." "Don't drink this, don't drink that" is ridiculous.

Your keys to successful weight loss are:

Eating in moderation. Anything including fruits and veggies eaten in excess CAN cause weight gain.

Portion control. Just because that ton of food was eaten in one sitting doesn't mean you're saving yourself from gaining weight. Make sure that you're getting smaller portions of your food to reduce over eating. This goes for junk food. A small bowl of chips is a lot better then a big bowl. A small bag of popcorn, a small glass of soda, etc.

Only allow one snack a day. Whether it's between breakfast and lunch, or between lunch and dinner. A reduction in snacking will greatly change your weight gain. Excessive snacking is the leading cause in weight gain, because you're eating more food in between meals. (Contin)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Small changes over time are what lead to big results...dont deprieve yourself of anything.Remember this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix.Water should be your best friend and you need to start drinking at least 8 glasses a day.Small mini meals may work for your best as that will leave you satisfied throughout the day.Choose one thing a month(healthy habit)to bring into your diet.I have lost almost 150 pounds with excercise and eating healthy,take it one day at a time and do something each day to get active.Good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• (Contin) *This goes for junk food too. In regards to the portion control. Smaller portions in all meals and foods is important, but especially in junk food.

No meals or snacks two hours before bedtime. You're not using energy while you're sleeping, so all of that food gets stored as fat. That's why it is important to not eat at least two hours before bedtime.

Try to cut out soda all together. The syrups, sugars, and caffine in sodas are horrendous on your body. One soda a day won't do much harm, but it might be best to cut out soda all together.

Aerobics and Cardio. These are th best way to lose weight. Strength excersises will only gain you muscle, but won't help you shed the pounds. Cardio and aerobics will shed the lbs. Constant movement burns calories which in turn burns fat.

Use the Wii Fit if you have one, run in place for 10 minutes, step up and down off of a stool for 10 minutes..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• From Experience .. The Wii Fit is a GREAT way to lose weight especially when those winter months are upon us. I'm prime example. I have seen a considerable loss in inches on my body in the last two weeks I've used the Wii fit. Excersise, eat healthy, portion control, and food in moderation, and no excessive snacking are the keys.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i would first cut out pop all together, i lose 3 pounds. then junk food came out, and now its a cup of cereal in the morning and a fruit of veggie for a snack. Eating breakfast really helps! plus i take collogen pills. they work wonders :D
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010