What is going on??

I don't know whats going on.. My son turned 2 in Nov. He's always fought sleep but has been sleeping through the night since 18 months and has since moved in a big boy bed ( twin ) he was doing great, beyond great the first 2 weeks. Then he got a bug where he threw up for 12 hours straight and hasn't slept through the night since.. this was 2 months ago. Now he wakes up crying for me and at first I was able to go in there and tell him it was bedtime still and rub his head til he went back to bed and then go to my bed. Some nights I can't tell if he's having bad dreams or maybe growing pains, ( which I used to have and my mom had ) but i worry that he is waking so much and last night I ended up in his bed and he will shift so violently while tossing and turning. We had never co slept but he was so upset last night and I was so tired I fell asleep in there... what's going on??

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Did he have a high fever when he was sick? Fever can cause a condition called Night Terrors. It's not like a nightmare. He is probably waking up after a night terror and calling out to you. Maybe keep track of the times he usually wakes up, and start checking on him before he wakes to see if he is thrashing around or having restless sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 12:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It could very well that he's having nightmeres still.
    If his sleeping patterns changed while he was sick it could still be from that. Try getting him back onto a schedule, maybe use up his energy more during the day and feed him a hardy meal at night. That might help him sleep through the night again.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010