You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would make friends with the other family & we could have visits with each child.
    Anonymous

• I WOULD WANT MY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD BUT IT WOULD BE HARD FOR BOTH MOMS BECAUSE THEY BONDED WITH A CHILD THAT WASN'T THERE'S! IT WOULD BE WEIRD BRINGING HOME A CHILD THAT IS YOURS BUT YOU REALLY DONT KNOW!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't want to give him back. I would definitely want to keep in touch with the other family and make sure they're not crazies but i wouldn't want to give my little guy back to them. I'm selfish i would want both of them i guess.
    Anonymous

• Ugh! This doesn't belong under "Just for Fun". This belongs under a new category, titled "Horrific Nightmare".

This would be just flat out terrible. I'd want to take my own baby, but I would have no interested in giving up the child I was given. I've heard of this happening, but just don't understand. My daughter never left mine or a family member's sight in the hospital, but even so, I would've known the difference if another baby had been handed over to me.

*shudders*
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm not so sure. I may want to keep the child that I brought home from the hospital. But I would want to keep contact with the other mother, and visit on a regular basis and let the kids have play dates. I would understand the other child is my biological child...but the child I brought home, would still be MY child. A child that I loved for all that time, a child I cared for as my own, and no matter what, I would always feel that child was my own....just as an adopted mother would feel.
    Anonymous

• That is a hard one. I spend a year loving the baby I have. Then someone comes and tells me she/he is not mine. I would have to have proof, DNA Test. I would want to meet with the other parent to see what they are thinking. If they insisted on switching babies. I would. It would be hard to do but I would. I wouldnot want to go through any legal stuff.

Answer by louise2 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No. I would want the child I had bonded with and loved. My biological child I would want to remain with the people they call mom and dad if they are good people. I would want some kind of visitation so the kids know where they are from but I would not want to hurt my bio child or actual child I was raising.
    Anonymous

• I'd wanna keep em both~!!
    Anonymous

• That is a hard question b/c you would be so attached the baby whom you always believed to be your own.
    I would for sure want to know that my bio baby was doing well and cared for but I think it would have to take a coming together of the parents to make a decision one way or another.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 12:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• That would be terrible! I think I would want both kids. I just can't see how I could give up the child I thought was mine, after loving and caring for them for a year, in my heart that would be my child.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 12:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010