when should i pack a hosp. bag?

i am 34 weeks pregnant. when do you think is a good time to start packing the bag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Whenever you want/feel the need. Baby #1 I did it while I was in early labor (had my list made out, just had to gather & pack). Baby #2 I did a couple days before going in to be induced. Baby #3 did while I was in labor again (again, had list, just had to gather & pack) Went in like 3 times with false labor - but knew hubby could bring what I needed if it was the real thing. Baby #4 a couple days before going in to be induced. Baby #5 I never really did - I went in for a non-stress test, had quick thrown a couple outfits for each kid & myself in a bag for just-in-case, ended up leaving the kids with grandparents and being induced that night, so hubby had to bring everything else I needed (baby stuff, pads, more clothes, underwear, bras, most toiletries, etc) - he did extremely well! I never saw a true point to having stuff I needed all packed away for months/weeks ahead of time to tell you the truth.
    Anonymous

• I always pack mine at 35 weeks. I had my first baby at 36 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Now. Better to be prepared. You never know when the baby will come.
    Anonymous

• Now. I had my first 10 days early and second 4 weeks early. If your not ready to pack , at least have a detailed list wriiten out so that someone can gather your stuff.
    my2turkeys

Answer by my2turkeys at 1:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• wow, ok, i didnt know you all were going to say now..haha. i was figuring about 37 weeks, but oook! i will get right on that, thank you so much. and i didnt think about going into labor early, like some of you have, so thank you very much for your input. i really appreciate it!
    Anonymous

• Next time I'm packing a bag early, and I will just add/subtract from it over time. I didn't get to pack my own things with my 1st, cause my water broke at work at 29 weeks. Lets just say the bag I got was VERY interesting, as I had told my hubby what to pack and he got a few things confused (of note, the nursing bra)
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 3:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010