So what did u do for your child's first birthday?? food or whatever

So, my son's birthday's coming up in MAY.. Trying to plan early.. Have about 40 people coming more or less.. Was thinking hamburgers and hotdogs not sure though.. NEED so ideas.. SO what did u mom's do??

connorsmom2009

Asked by connorsmom2009 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• cook out w/ hamburgers hot dogs and chips
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• we had a family bbq for their first few birthday's .
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• We just had cake and immediate family.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I planned it during snack time so I didn't have to povide a meal and served hors douvres and cake. Saved myself a ton of money doing it that way too.
    Anonymous

• Child #1. Had child's aunts/uncles, cousins, grandparents, great-grandparents over in the afternoon for cake/ice cream.

Child #2. Had a family potluck at the ILs (something we do regularly, just happened to be the same day as her birthday). Invited my side to come after lunch for cake/ice cream.

Child #3. Had cake & ice cream in the backyard with only the grandparents (invited all the aunts & uncles, etc, and all said they'd come but none showed up).

Child #4. Had lunch at IL's with my parents included (only our parents for lunch). Invited all aunts/uncles etc to come after that, only my brother & one of hubby's sister's families came though. Had cake & ice cream.
    Anonymous