How can I handle my 4 year old who cries over everything?

My 4 year old cries over everything. I wold say half the time I am not talking about just tears, I mean he screams at the top of his head for some time. I am having trouble dealing with this. I sometimes feel that I made him this way some how. It gets to the point were I am so mad that I have to walk away. Any thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I hear ya on that one. I have gotten to the point were I just send my daughter to her room. I have a hard time comforting her when she is hurt since I am so sick of the fits. But sending her to her room seems to help, she hates being set any wear.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I wish I could just alway send him to his room. He does this at bed time too, already there!!! I am hoping that this is just a phase. I hope it ends soon. I did put him on the stairs the other day and walk away and ignored him for like 1/2 and he started to calm down. I also grabbed my husband belt the other day and he really calmed down then.
    2boysLR

Answer by 2boysLR at 2:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• There are several books out there that cover dealing with kids who are particularly sensitve. You'll find them in the child care section of your bookstore (or library if you have a big library). They may help provide some strategies for both or you. Good luck!
    Anonymous