do contractions always hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, they are like bad cramping.

Think positive about contractions, they mean you are getting closer to having the baby! Think positive, it will help.

I would close my eyes and visualize myself holding my baby. It works. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• yes. although depending on your tolerence of pain sometimes it doesn't hurt so bad. they aren't that bad when your water hasn't broke, but after it breaks it does tend to get worse.
    Anonymous

• When I first realized I was in labor it didn't really hurt - it was more uncomfortable. I didn't even realize it was labor at first, I got up and fixed myself some breakfast (I had a waffle) and sat down on the couch to watch old reruns of Green Acres! I wasn't really in pain until I got to the drs office for them to check me (they couldn't believe that i was really ready for the hospital only 3 hours into my 1st labor) but I was 6 cm, and then 8 cm when I got to the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yes and it gets worse as labor progresses.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No, for me they never became very painful, i would call it uncomfortable instead of painful. The early labor contractions didnt hurt at all for me.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• well it depends. i was having contactios at 32 wks every 2 mts and i had no ide. i was in the hospital waiting for soem results and i was feeling bad. like really tired. so the nurse decided to put me on the monitor and and i was contacting like crazy. andi dint feel it that much. i was put ion the hospital for a few days to stop labor and then i was send home on bed rest. but druing actual labor with my first they hurt like hell!! i wanted to die. with my secind they hurt at the end,. after my epidural wore off.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• no. they never hurt for me.
    i never really had much menstrual cramping either.
    labor contractions should be very regular though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Unless you get drugs, yes lol When I was pushing it hurt so bad I panicked, but then I got control of myself and relaxed, and honestly it wasn't bad then, I pushed for 10 more minutes and while it didn't feel great, it wasn't horrible either.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 2:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It is different for everyone. When I am home laboring it is a pain I can tolorate. But as soon as you start moving me to the birth center. They got very intence.
    Anonymous

• they always hurt for me but evry ones body if differant
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 4:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2010