What to go over with a teenage sitter

I am having a 16 year old girl in my community start babysitting on occasion. We see her each year at community events, and she always plays with my children. She is recommended by family friends. My kids really like her, and I'm excited about getting to go on a date with my husband and having someone watch our children in our home instead of having to take them to family's homes. I've never had a babysitter though (besides taking my LOs to my in-laws'. ) I'm having the young lady over today to get familiar with our house, my children, our routines, etc. What are some things I should go over with her????

Senae

Asked by Senae at 1:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• How old are the kids?
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• 3 1/2 and 1 1/2.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 2:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• no friends over while she is there (boyfriends too) preferably, little to no cell phone/ texting use.
    i don't know how you would say this without coming across as controlling.
    also, when i have a babysitter, i do not expect them to make my kids eat things that they really don't like. i want babysitter time to be fun for the kids.
    i had a friend that was relaxed with diet when she was home, but expected the nanny to be strict. i didn't think that was right.
    good luck, and if she comes recommended i am sure she will be great.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Is she Red Cross certified?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2010