What is the best way of advertising on the internet for a business.

I actually hate advertising and feeling like I am just desperate for people to join my business, but I just dont know how to go about telling people about it, without feeling like I am being pushy. I know a lot of people mistrust and I understand that because I was one to be this way too..

so how do I let people know that I am not going to scam them and that this is a legit business?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I hate recruiting type business oportunities as well. It's tough, saturated, and usually people find it to be a scam. Anyway to answer your question, good adwords is absolutely the best way to advertise on the internet. You have to pay for it, but it is my understanding that it works. You can set a monthly budget and let it work for you. GL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i meant to say google adwords
    lowencope

• I love to recruit, but I know how stressful it can be when it seems like you are pushing. So, don't push. I spend a few hours a day placing ads and the rest of the time simply chatting with people. I work mostly through social networks... I found a long time ago that if you are trying to work with people and not just for yourself, you'll get much further. So what I did was create a website with a number of other home business moms and made sure there was information about other things as well - like home based jobs. This way when I talk to someone I can point them to whatever they are looking for, even if it's not me. And I always make sure to check back with them via phone or email in a month or 6 weeks to see how they are doing. You would be shocked to see how many come to me after being with another company for a month! It's about building relationships and not just selling your opportunity.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The best way to grow a business is through networking. Find local networking groups and attend as many get-togethers as you have time for.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• OK, Thanks to all of you for your answers. I will apply all of the answers to what I am doing..

Sabrina, you are right, because it is about who can trust... If I feel like I can trust a person, I will come more apt to join them, as I would not... I cant stand for someone to be pushy with me either... I have had this to happen and it just totally turns me against them and I will say no. and sometimes hang up on them too...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2010