Does time fly faster the more children you have?

My daughter just turned 13 months old a few days ago. Time has gone SO fast, I feel like a rug has been ripped out from under me! Does it only go faster when you have two, three, four or more kids? =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I think it does... I have three kids, my youngest turned three last month, and it seems like it went by in the blink of an eye! When I look at my oldest, it seems like it took him forever to turn three. I also think there may be something to the idea that my grandfather always used to put forward that time seems to go faster the older you get... I'm in my early 30s now and it certainly seems to go by faster now than in did in my early 20s!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• YES!. When my oldest was an only child I paid attention to every little detail. Now I miss things, for instance I was helping my three year old with his socks the other day and stopped to look at his feet...they are HUGE! Somehow I missed them getting bigger. Then Ithe other day I walked into my oldest son's room and he was sitting on his bed with his legs hanging off and his legs look like man legs...he is ten. I just couldn't believe they were so big.
    You have less time to take in every small detail when you have more than one. I think it is a fair trade off though. I miss little things like their feet growing, but they have wonderful friends for life, people they can count on when my dh and I are gone. :D
    Start keeping a journal with all the little things your LO does, It will help you look for things to remember and it is a blst to look back on and see what your LO was like when you start to forget.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• yep!

I've got three and all of a sudden is almost February! last I looked it was october. lol

they're all growing so fast its hard to keep up.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Oh I hope not! Time is going by way too fast already with just one and I'll have 2 in about 9 weeks. I can't imagine it going any faster! I guess I better not blink. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I don't think it does. My second child is 4 1/2 but it feels like he's been little forever. My first child is 9 1/2, and it's great. Big kids are great.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Not sure. I only had 1 child for 15 months then added a 2nd. Everything goes by fast around here. My youngest is turning 4 in April and my oldest will be 10 in June. I can't help but picture them when they were toddlers. Maybe it seems to go so fast because there is just no time to sit back and enjoy it. I'm too busy dealing with kid after kid after kid. And #5 is due in July. Oy!
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Don't blink! My first baby is now 24. My youngest is almost 4. I look back and wonder where my life has gone. I highly suggest you go to youtube and search .........the gift of an ordinary day. It will bring you to tears, but man does it say it all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010