Update on the Stray Dog that I called animal control on...

If you were following my story here is the link to the question:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/366234/Im_sorry_I_called_animal_control_on_a_stray_dog

Feeling enormous guilt for calling animal control on a stray dog, I went to the shelter today. I found the dog there and they said they haven't determined whether or not she is adoptable. If she is adoptable, then she will be held until adopted. I paid the sponsorship fee for her, so someone will have at least half of the fee paid in advance. She is a pure bred brindle pitbull. If she has a disease or is sickly, then she will be euthenized humanely. She is sheltered, fed, and now sponsored. My MIL is considering adopting her if she is indeed adoptable material. Just wanted to let everyone know that I saw this whole dog thing through and I have made sure that she is taken care of. I just want what's best for her. Im sorry if my posts were unclear or misunderstood

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 2:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pets

• I think you did everything right and going to the shelter and sponsoring the dog was above and beyond what most would do. You should not feel bad about the nasty comments of people on here, some people just like to bash.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Wow. I didn't read your other post by I think you went above and beyond.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• well, I felt responsible for her. Some of the moms I guess misunderstood my original question and had some negative comments, so I deleted the question. I re-posted, so I could make myself clear about the situation and then got accused of re-writing history. So....with all the comments, guilt, etc. I couldn't just go on not knowing the dog's fate, so I had to see if there was something I could do. I thought they killed them after 72 hours, but they don't. That's only if they are deemed not adoptable and have to be euthenized because of disease.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I think they will also make sure she's not food agressive, if she is that makes her unadoptable too. I hope she does well. Our neighbor had a Pitt when I was young and she was the sweetest dog! I didn't see your other post, but living in a rural area we get tons of strays dropped off! You can't take them all in, I know! I've tried! Lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Good for you!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I have read your posts and had not commented yet. I take in strays all the time do what needs to be done and then find them homes. It is not easy and I have to remind myself all the time that as much as i want to i can not save them all. I think what you was admirable. The fact that you followed it through like you have goes above and beyond what most would do. I know that Animal control has a bad rep in some places but they do the best that they can and help as many as they can. This dog has been given a chance that not every dog on the streets have.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• You did a Awesome Job- The dog knew you were going to be his "Little Angel" that's why he found you to help him out- Sometimes, you just have to let things row off your back around here- i can tell you are great, not only you have a Special Place in your Heart for Animals- You have a Special Place for all of these Mommies!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i think that is great I hope she is adopable!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Isn't it funny how no one that bashed has commented. Hmmmm I wonder.
    Good for you momma. I have a rescued pit mix and a rescued mutt we have no idea what he is...lol It's so hard to decide what to do. But I think you did great.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2010