How can I get Red Crystal Light out of my beige/white carpet??

It is a set stain now, thanks to the man of the house! Please help! I have tried peroxide, I have tried oxyclean, I have even tried my cheap old carpet cleaner! The peroxide took most of it out, now just a light stain is there. Need it removed ASAP!!!

ems12forlife

Asked by ems12forlife at 2:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It's probable that only a professional can remove it at this point. What is left is the actual food coloring/dye from the drink mix, and there are specialty professional products available to carpet cleaning companies to remove red dyes. You will not be able to do it yourself. Also, you may have damaged the fibers with all the other stuff you've already put on it, so now it will be much trickier to completely remove the coloring. I'd be surprised if it wasn't already bleached out some too, considering you put oxyclean and peroxide on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2010