How long does a newborn stay in newborn diapers?

We've gotten diapers from family members and friends. I just don't want to have too many newborn size.

Alizzie_Mom

Asked by Alizzie_Mom at 2:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on the baby. In my house, about two weeks.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• A few weeks for me, too. Just keep the packages sealed; only open one pack at a time. Then when you think he/she needs to move up to size 1 diapers, you can take the packages back to the store to exchange them. That's what I did. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• My daughter was in them for about a month, but she was only 6lb 9oz when she was born. Don't open any of the packages. If your child is over 8lbs, you may never use newborn diapers. Just wait and see how big your baby is when he/she is born and then you can keep/exchange as necessary! Congrats!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• depends...My first one like 3 weeks my second child 2 weeks and the third almost 4 week SO yeah don't stock up!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• It depends how big they are. I currently have a newborn, she's 2 weeks and about to outgrow them, even though the 1's are huge on her. She was 8.4 at birth, then lost a little weight naturally, and now has gone back up to probably 8 and a half. My middle child was 10 lbs at birth and never fit in newborn lol! But my youngest was 6.9 and wore newborn for over a month. So it really all depends on their birthweight.

If you have a diaper stacker, I wouldn't suggest filling it up til the baby comes, that way if the diapers are too small you can return some of the packages you got.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• not all newborn go to newborns diapers . some wear size 1 other premmie. my son was in premmie diapers for about 2 mts.(hea wasnt a premmie) my dd was in premmie for like 2 wks(not a premmie) and she was in newborn for about 1 month
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• we only used them sizes for about 1 or 2 weeks here, but my babies were 8.1 and 8.7 lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Each of mine only used the newborn package they gave us at the hospital, and a few samples that we got in the mail. After the first week or so, we put them in size 1's that we got as gifts, and then in cloth mostly.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Also--we received over 400 Pampers Swaddlers at my baby shower. They gave my daughter a violent diaper rash and so I had to give them away, because I OPENED them. Big mistake on my part. So hopefully it's not an issue for you, but sometimes babies react to things in the diapers.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Every baby is different. My girls were in them for about 2 months.
    Anonymous