does anyone have problems with their 16 year olds?

anney1215

Asked by anney1215 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• The answer is in the question.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 2:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Read Reaching Teens in their Natural habitat by Danny Holland
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• isn't that what 16 year olds are for?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No, I didnt. He's 19 now. I have another one about to turn 16. He's pretty decent as well. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• Anyone who has teens and claim they have no problems with them are A) Lying or B) delusional. Teens are hard. It really is when you have to love them the most. They want their 'life' to begin 5 years before their brain is ready to absorb it all. Hang in there.
    Anonymous

• in what way?
    My daughter can be a total witch and treat her brother like complete crap JUST to be that way...but then he adds his 2 cents and well...
    she also deals with depression and is a cutter...
    and can get testy if she doesn't get her way

BUT
    she is a wonderful, talented, caring girl who loves to learn, has a plan for her life, comes to me when she needs to about things so what more could I really want?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I am NOT lying. Sorry to burst your bubble there lady. They are good kids.
    Anonymous

• I think a better question would be does any one NOT have problems with their 16 year old! This is like asking if anyone has problems with their toddlers. Teens are going through another independence push and they are trying to figure out who they are without us which often means being out right defiant to see what it is we don't want them to do. I have often said the only difference between 2's and teens is that teens can look you in the eye when they tell you "NO!" and teens more often have a few more choice words to add.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Well my kids are toddlers but my mom had 5 kids. My older brother was horrible and moved out at 16. Me and my sister were very good kids. My youngest sister is only 13 but she'll probably be easy too. I have a brother who is 16 now and he is the worst. I mean I love him to death and everything but I feel so sorry for my mom. He has major issues. He is always in trouble. He doesn't do drugs, he's drank before though but not much. But he gets in all these fights and the last one was on school property and he got charged with felony battery, it was that bad, and is now on probation until he's 18. He's a freakin idiot. All the trouble and money and stress this had caused my mom is terrible. Yea the kid was an upperclassman (he was actually 15 and a freshman when this happened) and started it but my brother needs to learn to control his temper. My moms beautiful house it filled with punch holes on the walls in almost every room.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 6:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Yes! Our 16yr old son thinks like he is 30yrs old! But in reality he is only 16yrs old! His head is in his games or chatting to his friends on his cell or he is texting his friends from school or they spend the night at our house or he hangs out in town with his friends! School stress's him out!
    babyboomer1977

Answer by babyboomer1977 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2010