allergic to a certain brand of diapers?

My dd has been wearing a generic brand of diapers for about a week and today on her butt cheek i noticed a raised welt that is kinda whiteish like a giant blister and its gotten so big its almost the whole size of her cheek. Theres another one started on the other side of her fanny. we havent changed anything except the diapers. Any thoughts?

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At my baby shower, I had received over 400 Pamper Swaddlers. They gave my daughter a violent diaper rash, so I had to give them away. Stop using those diapers and just use wet paper towels instead of wipes until her hiney heals, because they will only irritate it. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Its probably the diapers. Stop using them right away. You might also want to consider giving her doctor a call just be sure it was the diapers and not something else.
    Anonymous

• My son can only wear pampers baby dry. He can't even wear pampers stages.. otherwise he gets a rash all over,.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• definitely possible.

it might be one of the ingredients in them

only used disposables a handful of times and had to be extremely careful - my girls are allergic to aloe and would breakout in a bleeding blistered rash within an hour of putting one on (and any other aloe product)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• all i can use is huggies i tried pampers bc they were a lil cheaper and my lil one also broke out.. i switched right back and he was fine.. now only of i could get this potty training thing down
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Thanks guys. Both welts disapeared and like they were never there but now theres 2 more in a different area. I will be calling the dr.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010