What are faith healers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• People who take advantage of weak and vulnerable individuals
    Anonymous

• Sounds like some scam to me. People cant magically heal other people if thats what you're getting at.
    That is ridiculous. Some people truely think they are better than other people and can do special magic things like that. They are CRAZY. Only God can truly heal people that way.

Maybe you mean being healed by prayer. THAT can happen. It happens all the time but ultimately is Gods decision. Suffering always has a purpose, even if it is a hidden one.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• that's actually not a easy question to answer. My brother is a healer. he himself is having a hard time accepting it. When he was a kid I once saw him cut his arm on the fence, then after placing his hand on it for a few minutes he was healed as if it had been about 3 days. I wouldn't say a faith healer for him since he's not religious.
    He can place his hand on you and it takes swelling and pain away.
    Most are frauds in my opinion so you have to be careful! But I do believe that there are people that with special gifts like that. It's like there are some people out that who claim to be psychics when they just want your money, while there are true psychics out there.
    I do speak from experience. I myself come from a family of 'gifted people' -not everyone, but we've got our share. I dream of things to come, can tell a objects history, people feel different to me, I could go on and on.

Anonymous

• Faith healers are there for the hypocondriacs and weak-minded. If you aren't actually sick in the first place, then "faith" can act upon you. Psychic healers, however, can issue healing energy from their auras that can actually heal certain conditions. I am the latter. And I would NEVER even want to be the former.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• From a Christian perspective it would be any believer who believes the promises of healing in the Bible, that God is a healing God and ANY believer can put their hands on someone else as an act of faith and pray and ask God to heal that person according to the examples in the new testament.
    Anonymous