When writing a resume ??

The objective what does it mean?? The objective to the job you are applying for? Objective in general?

omgamomie

Asked by omgamomie at 2:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Always tailor your resume to the job you are applying for.
    Anonymous

• Alright thanks!! First time ever having to do one.
    omgamomie

Answer by omgamomie at 2:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Actually, you can leave that part off. Most prefer it to be off.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I really? I didn't know that. I have a templat on my computer that i am using.
    omgamomie

Answer by omgamomie at 3:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• The objective gives you a chance to infuse your goals and ambitions. It helps to have it since it will show more of who you are and what type of worker you will be. Keep it short but use full sentences. If possible then try to make it related to the specific job you are applying for. Good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• When I was in human resources (before becoming a SAHM) I would never read the objective. If by chance I did read it and it was something so generic that it was laughable, I quit reading the rest of the resume and that candidate would no longer be considered, regardless of qualifications. So I would leave it off unless the employer is specifically requesting one.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm with Katt on objectives. The real objective for anyone is to get a job, after all...saying anything else is really just fluff.

If you're applying for something with technical needs, then a listing of your technical skill sets off the top can be very helpful. My resume has technical and management skill sets, then goes into experience.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I think I need some help with it.
    omgamomie

Answer by omgamomie at 3:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Are there any groups that help with this type of thing?
    omgamomie

Answer by omgamomie at 4:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I would take the objectives thing off. It just takes up roomand most employers overlook it. Besides, most of the templates justlook generic.
    Anonymous