WIC appt question...

I have an appt tomorrow and it says to bring proof of residency & proof of income ... what can i take for proof of residency ? ( i ask bc some places wont accept and ID or something like that ) ... and as for income , i dont have any , so do i need something that says that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your ID will work fine. And just tell them you have no income they should be fine with that. If not they'll tell you what to bring in next time.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 3:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Do you get a bill where you live that has your name on it? That would be proof of residence.
    Can you get a neighbor to verify that you don't work? Like writing a letter.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• They'll accept a bill for proof of residency. For income, if you get state funded insurance like medicaid then all you have to do is show your medicaid card and that is proof of income (or lack of). If not I'm not sure how to prove no income.
    Anonymous

• Any piece of mail with your name and address is proof of residence. If you recently left a job then a letter of resignation or something like that could be brought. If you have not worked for a long time then they have to take your word for it.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Call them and ask what they will accept

Answer by admckenzie at 3:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Did you have a job recently that you could get a letter from saying that you were an employee from X date to X date and are no longer employed? A friend of mine did that, the restaurant she used to work at before having the baby gave her a copy of the final pay stub and a letter saying she didn't work there anymore. She took that and her electric bill and they accepted it.
    Anonymous

• A piece of mail with your name and address on it for proof of residency and if you have no income...do you have healthcare through medicaid? If so, you can use your card as proof of income.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I brought my electric bill in for proof of residency....& for income; they had me write a statement stating I had no income...or a friend or relative needs to write one. But a friend would be best. My work place went under so I'm receiving unemployment benefits...so I had to bring in the paper that says what my benefits are. Good luck!
    KileighsMom

Answer by KileighsMom at 5:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2010