my new born is 1 month old. His wt was 7-7 he is now 7lbs even but 21 long. They wanted to Hospitalize him. I think its his formula. what else can I try

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You didn't give much detail... did they just want to hospitalize for solely for weight loss or something else? You said you think it's his formula? You think it's doing what exactly? Making him sick, like throw up or diarrhea? Switching can help in those cases, yes, but you need to talk to his doc.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Is he vomiting? My SO had a condition when he was an infant called Pyloric Stenosis. It caused him to projectile vomit, and he had to have surgery. The only formula he could have was Nutramigen. I would speak to your doc before switching anything up. Switching formula when he is already having an issue, could cause more issues. He may have a milk allergy.
    tishalb

Answer by tishalb at 3:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• tishalb i had that as a child. my mom used to tell me you would puke so much and so violent you would stop breathing, i also had to have surgery.

op we need more info?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• piwife- really? I don't think I have ever come across a female that actually had it. It is way more common in boys. Yeah his mom says the same thing, that it was like the exorcist or something!!!
    tishalb

Answer by tishalb at 3:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• yeah mymom was like you sed to mske me smell like pike. my niece wasbornwith the same thing and also had surgery
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If you think it's the formula then try it before hospitalization. My grandson had pyloric stenosis and that surgery sucked for us all. They wouldn't give him pain meds. The dr said little babies don't feel pain so they just let him cry after surgery until I threatened to sue them. Doctors can be idiots some times. Whoever heard of a baby not feeling pain?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Breastfeeding. Rent a pump and bring your milk back in for your baby. A mother's milk is always perfect for her baby unless the baby has a rare birth defect.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• While I truly agree with Gaill, it could be the corn starch or syrup in your babies formula. Try a RTF formula which has less corn starch in it.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 5:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i agree breastmilk is best. but is her choice if she wnats to bf or not,. am sure if she hadwnated ot breastfeed she would have asked about relactation. you know gaill not veryone bf keep that in mind.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• If you are physically able, try relactating

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2010