My daughter learned all the prayers of the rosary and I told her I would get her a rosary...

she is 6. What type of rosary would be best for her and where would I get a child's rosary? Next year for her First Holy Communion I plan to purchase a nice rosary for her. I didn't expect her to learn the prayers so quickly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You could get a rosary based on her personality like if she likes pink get her a pretty pink rosary. Maybe have her pick out her own rosary. You might also consider getting her a children's book about the mysteries of the rosaries so she'll not only learn the prayers but then she can learn the bible stories that we're to mediate on. My kids have the book "The Holy Rosary" by Reve. Lovasik and Rev. Winkler but there are other children books about the mysteries of the rosary. There are also coloring books.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 3:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Congratulations to you and your dd! Wow,She is only 6!? I am jealous:(
    My 9 yr old is so stubborn and she won't even try. God Bless You both.
    Anonymous

• My kids have several rosaries. One smells like roses that my grandma brought back from Italy. I know you can get them here. I also gave them each one in a pretty box when they made their First  Communions. I got them at our local catholic bookstore. I've also seen many online.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• 44 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 by: Anonymous
    A 6 year old had to learn all those prayers?? Poor thing

missed the part that said she "had" to learn the rosary.
    Anonymous

• You and your girl could MAKE one, maybe, out of string and pony beads?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I got 2 for free from this website for my kids to learn on http://www.familyrosary.org/main/rosary-rosaries.php They are 100% free, you can make a donation but that's not required. The ones I got were made of white and purple plastic beads, cute and durable. My 6 year old son loves saying those same prayers, he soaked them up like a sponge!

whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2010