Will God help everyone?

even those who do not ask for help? The bible says ask and you shall receive {Luke 11:9-10 }

so if a person doesn't ask can they get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always feel like god helps those who help themselves. I get tired of hearing ppl just sitting back & doing nothing & figuring god will do it all for them!
    Anonymous

• Sometimes God helps you anyway. Anon :37 I agree with you, part of praying to God involves action on your part. You can't just pray and sit back. Its not like you pray , "Please God let me become a doctor", and boom your a doctor, you still have to work for it. God can give you help, love, encouragement, and strength at times but you have to play a part in your life. I always believed that you pray to God, but row for the shore, in other words yes you have to work.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Agreed, Ryan's mom!
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 5:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• No he won't. Sometimes he doesn't even help those who do ask for help. And when that happens you're just supposed to assume it's all part of some bigger plan.
    Anonymous

• Non-existent deities cannot act upon any request, prayer, hope, or whatever. Proof? There was a report on the local news last night about a pedophile who went to Haiti and committed rape on a number of orphan children. He coerced them with promises that he would take them back to the U.S. with him. How is it that this man didn't get a divinely-caused heart attack on the plane to prevent these horrendous acts upon already-traumatized Haitian children?? Because NOBODY is there to intervene!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010