Alli and Breastfeeding?

Has anyone tried Alli while breastfeeding? I know they say don't use it while breastfeeding but that is only because they have done a study on it yet. It is believed not to get into the milk because it doesn't go into the blood stream, but has't been proven yet. I am thinking about trying it and wanted to see what other mothers thought about it?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO diet pills while breasteeding. Not safe...and they don't work on slimming anything but your wallet.

Weight Watchers has the ideal program for nursing moms. And remember, nine months on minimum nine months off.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Maybe you missed the part of the news that had cases of liver failure due to ALLI. I stopped taking it for all the problems it caused me. Do NOT risk harming your child over wanting to lose some weight. Just eat better and exercise and you will get the weight off without hurting yourself or the baby
    Anonymous

• I agree about Weight Watchers, they have an excellent breast feeding program.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I'm still breast feeding and I wouldn't take anything at all until I stop. It's just not worth the risk to my child's health.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2010