Who just watched Dr. phil today?

about the surrogate mom who kept the twin babies because the mom had "psychosic". I think the surrogate mom was SO wrong. i feel bad for her in a way, because i could never carry babies for 9 months, make them, and then give them away to people i didnt know.. but she agreed to do that, and they genetically arent her kids. Its so obvious that her and her husband formed some sort of bond with the twins, and changed there minds and decided they wanted to keep them. they dont really think the real mom is an unfit mom. so sad. sad for the real parents, even more sad for the babies.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 3:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't see Dr. Phil, but saw another news show about this, and I think the surrogate is a selfish cow. Who is she to judge? She is not a medical professional. If she was really concerned, she would have asked for a psych eval before turning the babies over, and frankly, they were not her babies, so it was not her place to decide one way or the other.

Since they are screwed under MI law, were I the parents, I would be suing for false promise and breach of contract. I think that surrogate and her husband are despicable, and shifty jerks. They were whining about not really wanting to have two little babies - I don't agree. They felt very off to me when I saw them interviewed.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 9:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I didn't watch it, but wow, that sounds crazy. They should have had a legal binding contract saying the "real" mom was going to get the kids. The surrogate doesn't get to decide where the kids go!
    Anonymous

• Yeah i dont think she's within legal paremeters to do this unless the kids genetically belong to her.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• they did it in michigan and michigan does not recognize surrogate births so the surrogate is legally allowed to keep them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Dramatic idiots. That's what I think of the Dr. Phil show and his guests.

Lots of common sense missing from people who frequent his shows.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 7:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• in a lot of states dna trumps who carried the child and who raised it. it happened (or something like it) in nyc and california, in both cases parents were allowed to sue for their rights after the fact. i think they did to be genuine in the first place then decided against it...which they need to give back all the money that couple paid and take care of those kids themselves!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2010