HELP!!!! I need advise on how to help my 10 year old son stop wetting the bed.

My son has always been a bed wetter. Now he did stop for a brief moment in time but that was a couple of years ago. He is a deep sleeper and I don't know what to do to help him "get up" and go. After he wets the bed he doesn't even get up. It's like he can't "feel" it. Then when he gets up in the morning he acts like nothing happened even if it is still wet. I know that he probably feels ashamed but he really doesn't seem to "care" about it. Like it is no big deal. Please help me. He has a 5th grade trip to go to at the end of the school year and it is a 2 night sleep over with all of his classmates.

burden

Asked by burden at 4:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe you could go in and wake him up at night? My dad used to have to do this when I was young. I was an everynight wetter for a long time and a sparatic one til about 18 years old.. I still have the peeing dreams and had to really teach myself to wake up at night.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I know ppl say i think chiro helps with everything. its not that but i have need seen waht they could do until i started working for one.. we have a few lil boys that come in for this problem.. he does back adjustments and tell the parents to stop drinks after 7 that nite. I have heard from the kids and parents on how its has changed. the biggest thing is keep them on a scehdule. try a chiro you will be happy. now your child might have to go 3x a wk for a while and then hell start backing off.
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 4:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• Bed wetting alarm....can order them online...i know several people that have said they work.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Get a bed wetting alarm, my brother had one of those, it really works!! Also maybe he is going through puberty and he might have to go see a doctor, or he might have a serious diseas or something.
    NatiMarti

Answer by NatiMarti at 1:35 AM on Feb. 10, 2010