How long did you wait to have sex after giving birth?

My Doctors appt isnt for another 3 weeks and its already been a month since Ive given birth to my DS... DH and I had sex this morning and it was a little bit painful if he went to deep. Now I feel irritated when I move a certain way... but otherwise I feel normal.. There is no blood or anything... Will I be okay? are you supposed to wait for a Doctor to okay it? or is it okay that I went ahead and had sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 8 weeks with the first...
    11 weeks with the second...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• u'll be ok, no matter how much u wait its gonna hurt at first. wait til the blood stops n u should be fine. but dont go at it daily or anything.i waited about a month too. the third time u should be just fine. dont worry though, ur good.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i only waited 2 weeks, but i had a c section. it hurt me a little too but im fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• So, I've had 4 kids and each time they told me to wait at least 6 weeks....I couldn't last. I think the first one I made it to a month and the rest was either around 3 weeks to a month. I think as long as you aren't bleeding and don't have stitches it should be fine. It did hurt with all of them but, hello, you just had a huge baby squeeze through there, it's gonna hurt at least a little bit.
    faile

Answer by faile at 4:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I always wait till I had my 6 week check up to make sure everything looked good and had the Dr ok. We always froud other ways to be intimate with each other.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I waited until the doctor said I could, both times.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• 4 1/2 months because my husband was overseas. It didnt hurt at all, but I had LOTS of time to heal.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I would think it would be okay.. I had to wait 8 weeks and almost 7 weeks (did it for the first time today since having DD! lol) with my kids because my period lasted that long but I have a friend who had sex only two weeks after (and got pregnant again that early) and it wasn't painful for her.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 5:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010