Company!

Just out of curiosity,how do your children behave when someone comes over?
My three children 8 11 and 12 act all hyper and drive me insane. How do I control their behavior when someone comes over? My 14 yr old is respectful and listens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• im going through that with my 5 and 4 yr olds my 2 yr old clams up and my 6 month old just stares so i dont have that problem with them yet but i get so embarassed because i feel like the company is thinking wow she has no control over them when usually they are very well behaved but i guess its just the excitement
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I send them to their room. We have a talk before company comes over that way they know what I expect. If they don't follow the rules off to their rooms...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I think the key is to set the rules before hand and communicate that with them. Let them know what the punishment will be and follow through regardless of who is visiting.
    Anonymous