Glitter balloons

For my DS's birthday party I want to put silver glitter inside clear balloons. Do I just get some glitter, funnel it into a balloon then use the helium? Will this make the glitter evenly disperse inside the balloon or will I have clumps? Of course, I want them to look nice so any advice would be extremely helpful. Also if anyone has done this could I please see a picture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm pretty sure it would just fall to the bottom, or even pop the balloon since glitter can be sharp. You can get balloons that are already glittery at a party supply store. Good luck. You're brave to even use balloons, they freak me out.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I think it sounds like a cute idea- however what is going to make the glitter stick to the walls inside of the balloon and not fall to the bottom???
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• FYI IF IT POPS WITH WILL BE A HUGE MESS
    Anonymous

The only thing I can find is on a hi-float website. I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy some (it's $15!) in order to do this...so I might not, depending on my budget after everything else.

FYI IF IT POPS WITH WILL BE A HUGE MESS

Thanks, I am aware that glitter is messy. 1) It's going to be outdoors and 2) Even if it were inside, I'm willing to deal with a mess since it would really add to the decor. It's my baby's party and I don't care HOW messy it gets. Messes can be cleaned up!
    Anonymous

• i would think that static electricity would make the glitter stick. give it a try! if they pop...glitter can stick around for a very long time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2010