Does Elizabeth Helen sound ok for a girl's name?

My husband and I have decided to name our daughter Elizabeth.

We're trying to figure out the middle name. Both of our grandmothers have the name Helen so we thought that would be a nice tribute to them. I think Helen is a pretty name. I'm just not sure it flows well with Elizabeth. We thought about a one syllable middle name like Grace to counter the long first name, but Grace has no meaning to us.

Do you think it's ok to have a name not "flow" as long as it has meaning?

ClaireW

Asked by ClaireW at 4:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think Helen is a lovely name and that it goes fine with Elizabeth. Good luck with you little one!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I personally dislike the name helen... but I think its nice what you guys are trying to do for your Grandmothers! So I say if thats what you want to do go for it! Also remember you give a name meaning if it doesnt come with one. So if you decided on grace it now has a meaning because its your baby girls name! I refused to name my baby after anyone. Now his first and middle name have a meaning cause he is my baby!
    Anonymous

• I agree. Its sounds fine together!
    Not to mention how often do you use their middle name?!

My hubby insisted that my sons middle name be BERNARD, after his grandfather. Has great meaning- however Im not a fan of Logan Bernard! 5m later & its still growing on me! :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• That is a lovely name. How sweet to name her after her great grandmothers.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I LOVE IT MY DD IS ELIZABETH RENEE ....HELEN IS DIFFERENT AND CUTE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I don't think it has to flow- I like the fact that it has meaning better.
    Thought I do like the sound of Helen Elizabeth better personally.
    Elizabeth has so many nicknames and it's harder to make a nickname out of Helen.
    just my thought-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I like them both (my grandmother is also helen) but I don't think they sound right the way it is. switch to helen elizabeth now I think that sounds nice.

plus...my youngest is Elizabeth, but she's Elizabeth Jean.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I like it Elizabeth Helen it is pretty...I personally would go with Helen Elizabeth.
    But as for our daughter we named her Elizabeth Danielle even though it sounds like two first names we liked it.
    One day I met a girl and her name was Danielle Elizabeth so I wonder if Elizabeth could just be used also for a middle name or just Elizabeth by it self as a first name alone (sometimes)..idk it is up to you guys atleast the name is not out there like some names I have seen and heard...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• I like the idea that the middle name has meaning... thats what my son has Preston Thomas (my husband's middle name) and if we have a girl with this one the middle name will be Kay, which is my mother and my middle name. Its a great choice for a middle name!!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2010