What can i expect from a level 2 u/s?

I know that we will most likely be able to find out the sex of the baby. But other than that I don't know what to expect. And why are they called a level 2? Does that mean my next few u/s will be level 3 and so on?

happy2bamommy86

Asked by happy2bamommy86 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The level 2 just refers to the equipment that is being used to do the u/s. It will show more detail and so forth. Your next u/s will most likely be a level 2 as well. Yeah,they will be able to tell the sex most likely if baby is not in a position where his/her legs are hiding things down there:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• A level 2 ultrasound is more detailed than the usual kind, and they are able to see things more clearly. This ultrasound will take a little longer while they measure all the bones, the fluid levels, etc. It's actually really cool looking. It's not like a 4D where you can actually see what your child will look like, but you will be able to see lines where your baby's skin is. I had one every week because I had a high risk pregnancy, and I never got tired of seeing my baby in such detail.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2010

• i had a level two because they didnt get good enough pictures of the head and heart so they did it and everything was fine nothing to worry about couldnt find out the sex though because baby wouldnt show but it was the same as any other u/s more detailed
    Anonymous